Monday, September 17, 2012

Heartbroken

Lying in a heap on the floor, I am the pile of garbage you never bothered to clean up, the dirty laundry you never bothered to wash, the disgusting carcass you never bothered to bury. My eyes are red and stinging as my stomach sucks in suddenly, ruggedly, my throat dry and breaths coming out at an uneven pace. I am cracked lips and aching limbs, two hands lay in an x across my chest. I am torn to shreds.
Here I am and there you are. Your smiling is sickly sweet, a swift poison spread through my veins. Your laughter interlaced with hers causes my body to stiffen and creak. I am frozen solid, to the point where any movement would cause me to splinter into thousands of sharp pieces. I just hope that if that happens, a piece of me gets stuck in your eye. That way you'll be the one with tears streaming down your face, not me.
I am a mask. While I hate the cause of your smile the fact that there's a bounce in your step means I have to learn how to swallow my pain and let my lips spread wide. Anything for you, I'll say, I'm so glad you found her, I'll cheer. An empty outstretching of arms and a broken kiss on the cheek. I am just another cog in this machine.
Emotionless. I am empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment