Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TEDxBoulder!

Well, my dearest sweet teas, I have some news that I am over the moon to share with you. I will officially be volunteering for an independent TED conference this Saturday! If you haven't heard of TED before, I suggest you go to their website: www.ted.com ! TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design and goes by the slogan "ideas wort sharing." Pretty much they have a huge conference every year in California where amazing minds give absolutely astonishing speeches. Bill Clinton, Jane Goodall, Steve Jobs, Sarah Kay, and so many more people have talked at these events. In fact, the talks are so popular that you can watch them online! (Again, I highly encourage you check out their website: www.ted.com).
So this Saturday there is going to be an independent TED talks event and I could not be more jubilant. This year's theme for the event is "Edges and Experiences," which is right up my alley. On the TEDxBoulder website they even have the Kurt Vonnegut Jr. quote, "I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can’t see from the center.” Honestly, what could be better?! 
I have a volunteer meeting today at six (AND THEN WE GET FREE FOOD AFTER YAAAY) and Saturday I want to go at 10 am to help with the stage/set, and then later at 3:30 to help with the tickets and just everything. I even got my awesome friend Nellie to sign up and volunteer with me!
Plus as volunteers, we get into the event for free! I may explode, I cannot control my excitement...

So to inspire you all, I present you with the first TED video I ever saw, Sarah Kay's "If I should have a daughter..."

No comments:

Post a Comment