Saturday, December 29, 2012

Good things to be happy about

Also known as: what I'm thankful for...

  1. Not wearing a bra!! Those things can be so constricting.
    I brushed my hair for you bitches. Not wearing a bra, yo! And lovin' dat red light.
  2. I've lost weight (but am not at all underweight! Yay 113 lbs!!!).
  3. So far everyone has adored my Christmas presents to them (the best thing about Christmas).
  4. I'm drinking hot cocoa! Seriously the best mood-lifter eva.
  5. Plus, how cute is my mug?
  6. Just as I was feeling as moody as ever, my brother invited me to watch Two Towers with him. Perfect timing, perfect movie, perfect company.
  7. Watching LOTR, I've come to the conclusion that no matter how terrible my family life is... Hey, at least I don't have to be delivering the ring of power to Mount Doom. 
    And hey, at least I'm not Gretchen Wieners...
  8. Although I miss my boyfriend very dearly, I will get to see him in two weeks! Exactly fourteen days, possibly less if I manage to get the earlier flight I want.
  9. My skin has been clearing up a lot lately.
  10. My booty is still sore from working out a few nights ago. Same with my abs and thighs. Glad to be getting my body in shape!
  11. I got some absolutely wonderful Christmas presents! I actually had one of the best Christmas' ever. Presents included: astrology watch, fox hat, elephant shirt, AND JEFFERY CAMPBELL SNEAKER WEDGES!
    New Favorite top.
    I'm actually obsessed.
  12. Due to a 50% coupon, I was able to buy my boyfriend some really nice gifts. (One of which is normally $55!!!) I'm in the process of personalizing them to give to him.
  13. Even though it sucks that I'm not with my boyfriend right now like I could have been, not seeing him this weekend means I have more time to perfect this present..
  14. I love giving gifts. Can I just give gifts forever? Can I be Santa Claus? Please!
  15. I finished Slaughterhouse-Five last night! I'm devoting this break to reading, writing, and making art. 
    Casual fireside reading (throwback to Christmas day).
  16. Monday I plan on dying my hair dark brown! I've been talking about this for months, and wanting to do it for ever longer. Maybe I'll finally get to have my indie rocker muse phase or whatnot. Pretty much I'm going to fuck shit up and love myself.
  17. For getting mono during my first semester, missing classes for two weeks, and struggling through midterms, my grades are excellent! I didn't make Dean's List (yet), but I still managed to get excellent grades and I'm going to make Dean's List next semester for sure.
    I don't know my French grade yet, but even with an A, it's impossible to have a 3.75 GPA..
  18. My new majors and minor are incredibly fantastic! I'm more than ecstatic to get to study Film and Philosophy in depth, and will forever adore my minor in Creative Writing.
  19. I made $$$ last night babysitting. But even if I didn't make money, babysitting makes me incredibly happy. It's possibly my biggest confidence booster. I simply love spending time with and taking care of kids. They're so cute and lovely and ughhh I love babysitting.
  20. This scholarship thing... Can't really go into detail but it's a lot to be happy and thankful for!
  21. THE LOVELY PEOPLE IN MY LIFE. Wow. Even though I've been in a lot of shit moods lately, my friends have really stood by me. I'm most excited to get together with them and dye our hair (my friends want to dip-dye and I just want dark brown, yo). But really I could not express how much it means to have support during such a dark time. I've been encouraged countless times to do what makes me happy, even if that means paying all that money for an earlier flight to get home to Colorado. And not only have my friends been supportive, wow, my boyfriend has been so incredibly... Wow. I'm always scared that opening up and showing that I'm in pain will scare people away. That being human will make people realize that I'm not worth dealing with or something. Not worth their time. But here I am being human, being completely imperfect, and still being a part of something beautiful. My relationship constantly astounds me and always fills my heart with joy. I am happy.
    Wearing his heavenly sweatshirt. God, I miss him.
    I feel the need to protect his identity.
    My present to whomever reads this. Merry Christmas, a picture of my hot boy toy.


And now a lovely cover of Gravity by my dear friend, Alex:

No comments:

Post a Comment