Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012. 12:42. On the airplane.


Currently listening to: One Foot - fun.

I always feel so exhilarated when I’m on the airplane to Denver. My heart thumps in my chest along with the rhythm of my music and I close my eyes and smile.
Euphoria.
I take a deep breath and can feel in cascade through my body, a breath of fresh air, my blood happily running through my veins.

--

I’ve heard people make this observation a thousand times, but I feel the need to repeat it. That day-to-day we hardly notice a difference in our lives, but when we look back everything has changed. In some ways, this phenomenon can make it hard to see the affect we’ve had. I know I’m always trying to change my life, but sometimes I’m unable to see where my efforts are getting me. On the airplane, however, I realized something and I cannot help that it’s made me beam. I used to have the terrible habit of biting and picking my nails... The extent of which I did this was absolutely insane. My nails used to be painfully short, shorter than my fingers, and it was hideous. I was always so ashamed of my habit. I mean, it’s just plain gross. It’s a disgusting habit. But here I am, on the airplane, with beautifully long, healthy nails. It took me years to stop the bad habit. I started when I was very young because I saw my uncle doing it. I probably attacked my nails like that for at least 10 years. Holy shit. Yet now I can look down and smile. I worked so hard to stop, I relapsed multiple times and gave in and picked them and sometimes I still get the urge. But even so, I really feel like I can do it now. Hell, I know I can. I can overcome my worst habits.
Knowing this makes me feel... Sort of vindicated. I feel sort of liberated and free from my bad habits. I have this other bad habit that I’m always trying to stop. I have a few: biting my lip, touching my face, etc. I have always felt a little hopeless in my many endeavors to stop my bad habits. It’s only now that I realize I’m so capable of doing anything I set my heart to. I stopped biting my nails, it’s like I’m superwoman now! I can do anything! I believe in myself!

--

Today is a good day, a positive day, and I’m headed to the beautiful Boulder, Colorado. By the time I post this, I will most likely be in Colorado. Breathing in that fresh Colorado air and feeling that same energy within my soul. I’m going to college. I’m moving forward in my life. I’m going to do big things. I’m going to do so many big things.


Bisous!
xo, Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment