Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I feel alone, so dreary and alone, and I hate sleep, and I miss you. I hate falling asleep alone, to my own heart beat. I wish you were here again, you arm draped around me and I could feel your heart beating against me. It made me feel safe and happy. But when I am alone in the darkness, every fear creeps under my skin. I become the forgotten, the caged. I become a woman of sin and sadness. In the blackened sky I cannot seem to forgive myself, I only see the bad. I am the hated gestalt, and you should never bother to call my name. Because I slouch in the inky air and let the tears roll. It is not worth trying to pick me up, as I am only a piece of garbage. In the darkness. I hate sleep when I am alone with my thoughts because I know I am nothing. Not even a second thought. I would do anything to check your pulse but you're not here. I want to grab your hand. Where do you want to go? If I squeeze my glazzies shut tight enough, will I see you?
Will I open them to that marvelous blue and crooked smile and crows feet? Will I open them to you?

I miss your body nestled against mine. I miss your breath and your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment